Backlog’s burndown chart reflects the work progress for a milestone, including the milestone’s start and end dates, and the issues grouped in the milestone. The factors that affect the burndown chart progress are the status of the issues, issues’ due date, and the estimated hours required to complete the issues.
Note: Burndown chart function is only available to users under the Standard plan and above.
Enable burndown charts in a project
To use the burndown chart:
- Go to Project Settings > General.
- Under Attributes and functionality, select Enable priorities, versions and milestones and Enable charts.
Set burndown chart timeline
The span of the burndown chart is dependent on the milestones timeline. To set span:
- Go to Project Settings > Version/Milestone.
- Select Add Version / Milestone.
- Input a name for the milestone and set the Start Date and End Date. Click Submit to add the milestone.
To learn more about how to add and edit milestones settings, refer to Add and edit a version or milestone support article.
Update issue fields for tracking in the burndown chart
When milestone, due date and estimated hours are input in the issues, their data will be used to plot the “estimated line.”
To learn more about how the lines plot and work on the burndown chart, refer to the Burndown chart overview support article.
To update milestone, due date and estimated hours on the issue page:
- On the issue registration page, input details for milestones, due date, and estimated hours.
- Select Save if you are editing an issue or Add if you are registering a new issue to apply changes.